“If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it.” John 14:14
The “We Care Ministry” is an outreach ministry that assists the Pastor in reaching out to the special needs and concerns of the Mt. Tahoma Baptist Church family. The committees under the umbrella of the “We Care Ministry” include but are not limited to:
- Extend a Godly greeting and welcome each Sunday morning to our Mt. Tahoma Baptist Church Family and visitors, handing out the Sunday Bulletin.
- Assist with greeting and making first-time visitors feel welcome, until Pastor Larry or Charlene arrive in the Welcome Center.
- Hand out Welcome Packets, and give each visitor a Visitor’s Card to fill out.
- Make sure coffee mugs are filled with candy and a bookmark inside, for adult visitors. (One mug per family)
- Make sure coloring books and treats are available for visiting youth and children, hand out.
- Close doors to Welcome Center when Pastor and Charlene are in prayer with visitor(s) and try to keep the children from being too boisterous while playing in the foyer outside the Welcome Center.
- Keep visiting children entertained and quiet while Pastor and Charlene are speaking with their parents or praying.
- Expressing our love and concern by keeping in touch with Mt. Tahoma Baptist Church family members who are sick, bereaved, long-term shut-ins, military personnel deployed, long-term missing members and/or long-term missing visitors. We do this through regular mailings of get-well cards, sympathy cards, thinking of you cards, missing you cards, “Prayer in my Pocket” and packages to our military deployed to Iraq and other overseas areas, as well as Praise cards to celebrate victories in the lives of members of our Church family.
[Pictures courtesy of Pixabay]